As Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference completes its first day of festivities already there is overwhelming news on what is on the horizon.
Of course the star at the conference today was the iPhone 4G. Steve Job's himself was on hand to demonstrate some of the new features that you can expect to get if you upgrade to fourth, and newest, iPhone.
There is quite a bit of news surrounding the iPhone specifically so let's try break it down to the bare facts:
- It is sleek and sexy. Some of you may recall the whole iPhone "leak" that happened a few weeks back where allegedly one of the developers "accidentally" left a prototype in a bar, it looks like that phone.
- The new iPhone's display is 3.5" and sports the highest pixel rate on the cellphone market. It has 2X the resolution of its predecessor and boasts one of the sharpest pictures for crisp clean apps.
- New 5-Megapixel rear camera is a step up.
- iMovie is a premium application that will cost you $5 but should be completely worth it for the amateur film auteur or the home movie expert. It is a film editing room in the palm of your hand. Cut, splice and tweak your movies in glorious 720p high definition. This pocket version of iMovie will allow you to add titles, effects and even a musical score! If you are planning on laying down your money for this new iPhone it would be criminal not to pick up this app while you are at it.
- Netflix! Yes, it will be available on this version of the iPhone in a similar set-up to what you would see on an iPad. Finally, something to while waiting in line for the next version of the iPad.
- Video conferencing is the last revealed major addition for the new iPhone and man is it cool. The video chat program is called Face Time and it uses either the front or read camera to broadcast live video. Steve Jobs after making an actual video call during his demonstration hinted at other Face Time enabled devices, so stay tuned on that front.
That is about it on the details for the iPhone 4G up to this point. As for how much it will hurt your wallet to get one the 16 gig will cost you $199 and the 32 gig model will set you back $299 with a new contract. You will also have a choice between a sleek black or classic white version and you can expect to see it in stores June 24th.
The Apple World Wide Developer Conference runs all week, so updates are in store. Stay tuned for exciting Apple related news, and for those of you who don't care sorry but Apple is now the biggest in the tech business now didn't you hear?
Steve Jobs will not rest until he has converted everyone to all things Apple. And yes that means: