Friday, June 4, 2010
Time to get some island sand in those G.I. boots!
HBO's WWII series The Pacific is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 2nd. The mini-series was produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks as a follow up to their European front series Band of Brothers.
The Pacific follows the true stories of few men as they attempt to survive some of the most gruesome battles in the history of warfare. Namely one Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie, using their books and journals as guidelines to tell their amazing true stories of survival and heroism.
The Blu-ray release of the 10 part miniseries comes with an assault of extras.
Blu-ray Extras Include:
- Enhanced Viewing Mode: A Picture-in-Picture experience that allows the viewer to delve into the history and details surrounding the series. This mode will include commentaries and interviews with historians and veterans, archival footage, maps and more!
- The Pacific Field Guide: Stand-alone interactive tool for the viewer to further explore the world of The Pacific with animated maps, extensive interviews, photographs and even more archival footage.
- Historical Backgrounds: Five minute prologues for each episode that set up the historical context with archival footage narrated by Tom Hanks
- Making the Pacific: Behind the scene look at all of the work and passion that went into making the mini-series.
- Profiles of The Pacific: An intimate look at the real marines and people portrayed in the mini-series, including interviews with the veterans, their families and their war experiences.
- Anatomy of the Pacific War: Documentary about the cultural history and brutality of the Pacific theater in WWII.
DVD Extras Include:
- You get everything that the Blu-ray release has except the enhanced viewing mode.
The fourth and final season of Heroes that followed everyday people with extraordinary powers is coming to Blu-ray and DVD August 3rd.
The series that had us rooting for the cheerleader, enjoying the misadventures of time travelling Hiro and anxiously awaiting the diabolical Sylar's next move has ended.
Don't be completely depressed true believers because with this final release comes some extra features to make sure you will find some comfort on those Monday nights.
- Picture-in-Picture video commentaries with creators, directors and stars (Blu-ray Only)
- Audio Commentaries for select episodes
- Hero Connections (Blu-ray Only)
- Deconstructing Sylar: Discussion with Tim Kring, Adam Armus and Zachary Quinto
- Milo Speaks:
MiloVetimiglia talks about his experience on Heroes
- Heroes Revolution: Tim Kring discusses everything Heroes, from the TV series to the web series and even the company that formed behind the show.
- Genetics of Scene: In-Depth look behind the scenes with the cast and crew of Heroes.
- Behind the Big Top: Unique look at the actors who joined the series just in time for it to end. (Blu-ray Only)
- Screensaver for your TV
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (Some Blu-ray Only) and more!