Time to get some island sand in those G.I. boots!
HBO's WWII series The Pacific is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on November 2nd. The mini-series was produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks as a follow up to their European front series Band of Brothers.
The Pacific follows the true stories of few men as they attempt to survive some of the most gruesome battles in the history of warfare. Namely one Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie, using their books and journals as guidelines to tell their amazing true stories of survival and heroism.
The Blu-ray release of the 10 part miniseries comes with an assault of extras.
Blu-ray Extras Include:
- Enhanced Viewing Mode: A Picture-in-Picture experience that allows the viewer to delve into the history and details surrounding the series. This mode will include commentaries and interviews with historians and veterans, archival footage, maps and more!
- The Pacific Field Guide: Stand-alone interactive tool for the viewer to further explore the world of The Pacific with animated maps, extensive interviews, photographs and even more archival footage.
- Historical Backgrounds: Five minute prologues for each episode that set up the historical context with archival footage narrated by Tom Hanks
- Making the Pacific: Behind the scene look at all of the work and passion that went into making the mini-series.
- Profiles of The Pacific: An intimate look at the real marines and people portrayed in the mini-series, including interviews with the veterans, their families and their war experiences.
- Anatomy of the Pacific War: Documentary about the cultural history and brutality of the Pacific theater in WWII.
DVD Extras Include:
- You get everything that the Blu-ray release has except the enhanced viewing mode.