Monday, June 28, 2010

Manstruation Machine

Source: Gizmodo

No, that title is unfortunately not a typo. And be forewarned those of you with weaker stomachs should just stop reading this article and click here.

(That link is also good for those of you who need comforting after reading the following article. Good luck, you brave souls.)

Finally, a Menstruation Machine That Allows Men to Experience the Monthly Cycle!

"What the f*ck am I looking at?" I assumed you asked. Well let me tell you, it is a machine for men to experience menstruation.

Now I assume most of you just shortened the question to a simple "What the f*ck?!" Well allow me to attempt an explanation.

This crime against nature was part of a film project by Hiromi Ozaki, a student at the Royal College of Art in London. The project is a music video called Menstruation Machine (or alternatively Takeshi's Take) and I will allow his synopsis to fill in the details while I hide in the corner and try to collect myself.

"It’s 2010, so why are humans still menstruating? ... What does Menstruation mean to humans? Who might choose to have it, and how might they have it? Fitted with a blood dispensing mechanism and lower-abdomen-stimulating electrodes, the Menstruation Machine simulates the pain and bleeding of an average 5 day menstruation process of a human. Menstruation Machine (Takashi's Take) is a music video about a boy ‘Takashi’, who builds the machine in an attempt to dress up as a female, biologically as well as aesthetically, to fulfill his desire to understand what it might feel like to be a truely kawaii (cute) girl."

If you have made it this far you might as well subject yourself to the music video:

I know, I know ... and I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? No?! Then fire back!
We can still be friends ... maybe ...