Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Family Vacation in 3D?

Source: Blu-ray.com

Now I never specifically went on the quintessential family vacation to the Grand Canyon, but I did go on many road trips with my family as a kid. (Un)Fortunately nothing as ridiculous as National Lampoon occurred, but they had their ups, downs and all arounds.

Now with the June release of Grand Canyon Adventure: River At Risk loading up the station wagon and hitting the road, as nostalgic as it is, may be a thing of the past since the German film studio Imagion has filmed a 3D Grand Canyon experience using IMAX 3D cameras. The Blu-ray itself will feature 3D menus as well as a 3D BD live application.

While this nature documentary is narrated by an American, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., it is only available in Europe for the time being. Nature documentaries on Blu-ray are amazing. I have always said the BBC series Planet Earth is crack for my eyes, and one featuring the Grand Canyon could be both majestic and badass and it doesn't hurt that it was shot in IMAX 3D.

Would you buy a 3D Blu-ray nature documentary? It sounds kind of like a niche market, but I think I would watch the Blu-ray over walking on the Grand Canyon Skywalk, that scares the hell out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you see? No?! Then fire back!
We can still be friends ... maybe ...