Ridley Scott's interpretation of the Robin Hood folklore hits DVD and Blu-ray shelves on September 21st. The film stars Russel Crowe as the titular archer from the hood, Cate Blanchet as Maid Marion and Mark Strong (Sherlock Holmes) as the corrupt sheriff of
Robin Hood will be released as a "flipper-disc" Blu-ray, which means one side will be a DVD while the other a Blu-ray format, as well as a 2-Disc DVD release. Both the theatrical version of the movie as well as 15-Minute longer unrated director's cut will be included. There are a slew of bonus materials, some of which will be exclusive to the Blu-ray release.
Robin Hood Extras Include:
- Deleted Scenes with introductions and commentary by Director Ridley Scott and Editor Pietro Scalia
- Rise and Rise Again: The making of Ridley Scott's Robin Hood
- Ballad, Legend & Myth: An intimate look at the preparation of the filmmakers and actors tackled the challenge of breathing new life into the longest surviving character in the English language.
- The More The Merrier: The filming of Robin Hood.
- No Quarter Given: A post-production featurette showing how Ridley Scott and editor Pietro Scalia work with the post-production team.
- Digital Copy of Unrated Director's Cut
Blu-ray Exclusive Extras Include:
- Director's Notebook: A seamless multimedia experience focusing on the director’s vision gives viewers a peek inside Ridley Scott’s unique filmmaking process. Incorporating behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Scott and his trusted inner circle of collaborators, this feature launches at critical moments throughout the film to illuminate the task of mounting a vast production like Robin Hood.
- The Art of
Nottingham: A special look at the portfolio of designs generated for the film. Including galleries of concept art, costume designs, storyboards and other imagery are featured.